Nippon Sheet Glass (NSG) Group supplies glass for architectural, automotive and technical applications, operating in 28 countries. In early 2015, NSG Group experienced inconsistent CMMS usage. Multiple locations some locations used MP2, others were former MP2 users and others had maintenance solutions that were spreadsheet-based.
The company was searching for a CMMS that replaced the functionality of MP2, was web-based, could interface with SAP and included online training, live chat support, and automatic updates.
The company went with eMaint in 2015 and began implementation by prioritizing locations with failing systems. Glenn Shanahan, the North American Excellence Manager in Maintenance, reports his keys to a successful implementation included both a nuanced understanding of what a CMMS can do, and a positive buy-in from management.
Since implementing eMaint across seven NGS Group plants, the company has experienced:
- Standardized asset hierarchy for over 10,000 assets across multiple locations
- Increased efficiency and accountability by reporting on technical and labor performance
- Support capital planning and repair vs. replace decisions
- Increased insight into daily operations, including internal benchmarks
- “Metrics” dashboard for monitoring PM completion rates on critical assets