PGT Industries is a leading manufacturer of custom aluminum, vinyl and impact resistant house windows, doors and porch enclosures. The company wanted an updated solution to help schedule preventive maintenance, track assets and inventory, and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Dwayne Summers, Maintenance Manager for PGT Industries, was tasked to find a CMMS solution with an extensive feature set and reporting capabilities, and selected eMaint.
The eMaint Customer Success Team and the PGT Industries Maintenance Team worked together to import existing maintenance data from the previous system while establishing assets and assigning them criticality rankings in the new eMaint system. By effectively tracking and reporting on maintenance data, the team can isolate problems, revitalize preventive maintenance scheduling and use data to drive repair vs. replace decisions. The team also has increased visibility into spending and budgets by tracking labor charges to capital projects within eMaint.
Since implementing eMaint, PGT Industries have seen the following benefits:
- Ability to understand the true cost of maintenance by project, department, asset and individual
- Increased efficiency by identifying “bad actors”
- Justified staffing decisions by tracking employee wrench time
- Increased planned maintenance rates from 10% to 70%
- Improved visibility into actual vs. budgeted labor costs for capital improvement projects
[button color=’btn-7i50qmo07z’ link=’/works/cmms_case_study_pgt/’ radius=’no-radius’ block=’0′ lightbox=’0′]Read Full Case Study[/button]