Pratt & Whitney is a market leader in the design and aircraft engine manufacturing, with aircraft engines a widely used in civil, commercial and military aviation. The autoair division of Pratt & Whitney is undergoing very exciting changes with a growth program for their energy-efficient PurePower engine. Because of this development and their commitment to customers, equipment uptime is a primary goal of the company.
When they decided on eMaint CMMS, implementation included an onsite visit with an eMaint Sr. Consultant to identify how the system would be used to help perform Daily Walk Arounds (DWAs). The team used eMaint University to learn best practices, and leveraged the knowledge of machine operators to understand and schedule preventive maintenance.
Pratt & Whitney also uses eMaint to manage spare parts inventory, assigning spare pars with A, B or C level criticality, and stocking them based on those levels. The company took time to identify which parts were critical to have on hand, and where parts belong in a physical inventory environment.
Since implementing eMaint, the company has seen benefits such as:
- Increased availability for critical spare parts
- Improved visibility into intervals and frequency of failures to isolate root cause
- Optimized preventive maintenance schedules
- Achieved “best-in-class” performance for plants coming online, serving as a model for future plants
- Reduced downtime for equipment and labor