What are the benefits of SaaS?
Gartner defines Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) as “software that is owned, delivered and managed remotely by one or more providers.” With the SaaS model, customers can plug in and subscribe to on-demand, anytime, anywhere software built on a world-class infrastructure and delivered via the Internet. These days, the world is moving toward the SaaS model. Here’s why:
- No software or hardware to purchase, install or maintain
- Rapid deployment due to the lack of installation required
- Simple, low-cost implementation for multiple locations
- No capital outlay because subscription fees can be paid on a monthly basis
- No updates or upgrades to install internally
- No software support feesㅡthey are included with the subscription fee
- No commitmentㅡif the solution no longer meets your needs, you can cancel the service
- Access to comprehensive security, backup, and support services
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and higher Return on Investment (ROI)
eMaint was one of the first CMMS providers to develop a completely web-based, SaaS model for rapid implementation at a lower TCO.
eMaint’s subscription fee includes anytime, anywhere access to the software, system maintenance, automatic updates and upgrades, and unlimited technical support.